Yesterday was inspired by my lifelong desire to be a ballerina. Considering I'm now 47 and have only had a total of 6 ballet classes in my entire life, this is probably a long shot. But, I tracked down a dance school nearby that offers classes to adult beginners. I did a weight training work out that was focused on ballet positions, like squats in a plie position, straight legged dead lifts while standing in second position (toes out with one foot in front of the other) and lots of stretching. A girlfriend and I also bought tickets to four ballets by the Pacific NW Ballet.
The thing about all this ballet stuff is not ballet itself, it is the fire it lights in me. The joy in the anticipation of seeing the ballets. The drive to "become" a dancer. These things will push me through better workouts, mundane daily chores and life's distractions. And for this I am immensely appreciative!
And so until next time...
Dance on!

I am hugely in favor of this creative outlet for you! As much as I enjoy keeping in touch with you on Facebook, getting to know you more/better in another venue is bonus--I would never have known the ballerina affinity. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what develops!